2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid: The way we drive is changing. More and more people are looking for cars that don’t harm the environment. One solution is electric vehicles (EVs). They run on electricity instead of gasoline, making them cleaner for the planet.
Kia, a company known for making cars that are modern and good for the Earth, has a new car in 2023. It’s called the 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid. This article will tell you all about it. We’ll talk about how it looks, how it drives, what cool tech it has, and how safe it is.
Whether you love electric cars, want to buy one, or are just curious, keep reading to learn about the 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid. It’s a car that’s making a difference in the world of electric and hybrid cars.
2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid Exterior
The 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid looks sporty and modern. The front grille is black with a shiny chrome frame. There’s also black cladding on the bottom to protect against scratches, and the window outlines and roof rails are chrome for a fancy touch.
The side mirrors can fold in, and the tailgate at the back can open automatically when you stand near it with the Smart Key. You can also let in fresh air and sunlight through the big sunroof, which has a shade you can control. The windows in the front have special glass that keeps the inside from getting too hot.
In the back, the windows are a bit darker for privacy and to keep the sun out. The windshield is made to reduce noise from outside. The lights on this car are all LED, which are bright and look nice. The headlights can change from high to low automatically when they sense other cars, and they also turn on and off by themselves depending on how bright it is outside.
The back of the car has bright LED tail lights, and there’s a small shark fin on the roof for style. If it starts raining, the windshield wipers turn on by themselves. The gas cap locks for safety, and the car has big 19-inch wheels with a fancy finish. And just in case, there’s a spare tire that doesn’t take up much space.
So, the 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid’s exterior is not only good-looking but also practical and convenient.
2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid Interior
Inside the 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid, you’ll find a comfortable and high-tech interior. The dashboard has a big digital screen that shows important information, and there’s a large touchscreen for things like navigation and music.
For entertainment, you can enjoy lots of different radio channels with SiriusXM® Satellite Radio. If you have an Android™ phone, you can connect it to the car to use apps like Google Maps™. If you have an iPhone®, you can use it in the car with Apple CarPlay®. It’s all about keeping you connected while you drive.
The car has easy controls for things like phone calls and music right on the steering wheel. You can even talk to the car, and it understands what you say.
The speakers in the car are really good thanks to the Bose® Premium Audio System. Plus, you have USB ports to charge your devices, and there’s a special place to put your phone, and it charges wirelessly.
The seats are comfy, and the front ones can be heated or cooled, which is great for hot or cold days. The steering wheel can be heated too, so your hands stay warm.
If you need to carry different things, the seats in the back can be moved around or folded down. There are even sunshades in the windows to keep the sun out. And at night, the car’s interior lights up with LED lighting.
The 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid’s interior is designed to be comfy, tech-friendly, and practical, making your driving experience enjoyable and convenient.
2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid Pros and Cons
- Saves Money: It uses less gas, so you spend less on fuel.
- Good for the Environment: It can run on electricity for short trips, which means it doesn’t create pollution.
- Fancy Technology: It has a big screen, connects to your phone, and has a great sound system.
- Comfy Inside: The seats are really comfortable, and you can warm or cool them. Even the steering wheel can get warm!
- Fits Your Needs: You can change the seats to carry people or stuff, making it flexible.
- Safe to Drive: It has safety features to protect you while driving.
- Easy to Start: You don’t need a key; a special key fob makes it easy to start the car.
- Limited Electric Range: It can’t run on electricity for very long, which might not be enough for long trips.
- Costs More: It’s more expensive to buy than some regular cars, but you might save money on gas in the long run.
- Charging Might Be Tricky: Finding places to charge the battery can be a bit tricky in some areas.
- Less Cargo Space: Because of the battery, you might have less space in the back for your stuff.
- Maintenance Costs: It could cost a bit more to maintain than a regular car because it has both an electric and a gas engine.
- Availability Varies: Depending on where you live, you might not find this car easily.
2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid Specs
Engine and Powertrain:
- Hybrid System: Plug-in hybrid with a combination of a gasoline engine and an electric motor.
- Gasoline Engine: Typically a 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine.
- Electric Motor: Provides additional power and allows for short electric-only driving.
- Total System Power: Combined power output from the gasoline engine and electric motor.
- Acceleration: 0 to 60 mph (0 to 100 km/h) time, if available.
- Top Speed: Maximum speed the vehicle can reach.
- Electric-Only Range: The distance the vehicle can travel on electric power alone before needing to use the gasoline engine.
- MPG (Miles Per Gallon): Fuel efficiency in miles per gallon for gasoline-only operation.
- MPGe (Miles Per Gallon Equivalent): Fuel efficiency in miles per gallon equivalent for electric operation.
- Total Range: Combined range when using both gasoline and electric power.
- Charging Time: The time it takes to fully charge the battery when using a standard home charger (Level 1) or a faster charger (Level 2).
- Transmission Type: Type of transmission, such as automatic or CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).
- Length: Overall length of the vehicle.
- Width: Overall width, including mirrors.
- Height: Overall height.
- Wheelbase: The distance between the front and rear wheels.
- Curb Weight: The weight of the vehicle without passengers or cargo.
- Seating Capacity: Number of passengers the vehicle can comfortably seat.
- Cargo Space: Amount of space available for storing luggage or cargo.
Technology and Infotainment:
- Touchscreen Display: Size and type of the infotainment touchscreen.
- Navigation: Availability of a navigation system.
- Connectivity: Smartphone integration (Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay®), Bluetooth® connectivity.
- Sound System: Type and number of speakers, audio quality.
- Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS): Features like adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, blind-spot monitoring, etc.
- Airbags: Number of airbags and their locations.
- Safety Ratings: Crash test ratings from organizations like the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) and IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety).
Wheels and Tires:
- Wheel Size: Diameter and design of the wheels.
- Tire Size: Dimensions of the tires (e.g., 235/55R19).
- Available Trim Levels: Different versions of the vehicle with varying features and options.
- Optional Packages: Special packages that include additional features or upgrades.
- Warranty: Manufacturer’s warranty coverage for the vehicle, including the battery and hybrid components if applicable.
Please note that specific specifications may vary depending on the trim level and options chosen for the 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid. It’s a good idea to refer to the manufacturer’s official website or consult with a dealership for the most accurate and detailed specifications for the specific model you are interested in.
2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid Performance
The 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid is equipped with a hybrid powertrain that combines a 1.6-liter Turbocharged 4-Cylinder gasoline engine with an electric motor. This hybrid setup delivers a combined output of 261 horsepower and 258 lb.-ft. of torque, providing both power and efficiency.
One of the standout features of this 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid is its electric-only range. It can travel up to 32 miles solely on electric power, making it an excellent choice for short commutes and local driving without using any gasoline.
When operating as a 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid , the Sorento Plug-In achieves excellent fuel efficiency with an EPA-estimated 35 MPG in the city and 33 MPG on the highway. Moreover, in electric mode, it achieves an impressive 79 MPGe (Miles Per Gallon Equivalent), contributing to a greener and more eco-friendly driving experience.
Charging the 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid battery is a convenient process. When using a 240-volt charger, it takes approximately 3 hours and 25 minutes to fully charge the battery, ensuring you can quickly get back on the road.
The vehicle features a robust 13.8 kWh Lithium-Ion Polymer battery with a capacity of 38 Ah, providing the necessary energy to support electric driving and 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid operation effectively.
The 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid comes with a 6-speed automatic transmission for smooth gear shifts. Additionally, it offers the added confidence of All-Wheel Drive (AWD), enhancing traction and stability in various driving conditions.
In summary, the 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid’s performance is characterized by its efficient hybrid system, impressive electric range, excellent fuel economy, quick charging capability, high-capacity battery, and the versatility of All-Wheel Drive, making it a compelling choice for eco-conscious and practical-minded drivers.
2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid Pricing and Availability
The 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid has a starting MSRP of $49,990. The availability of the Sorento Plug-In Hybrid may vary by location and dealership. It’s advisable to check with your local Kia dealership for specific pricing and availability in your area.
Please note that the starting price is subject to change based on trim levels, optional features, and other factors. Prices may also vary depending on regional incentives and promotions offered by Kia. To get the most accurate and up-to-date pricing information, it’s recommended to contact your nearest Kia dealership.
2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid Safety Features
- Blind-Spot View Monitor: The standard Blind-Spot View Monitor provides a live feed of the rear blind spots on the dashboard gauge cluster. Additionally, it includes the standard Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist, which helps maintain your lane if an object is detected in the blind spot, enhancing driving safety.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist: The vehicle comes with standard Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, designed to prevent collisions with vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists in front of the car. It also features Junction Turning Assist, which detects oncoming vehicles during intersection turns, further enhancing collision avoidance.
- Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control & Highway Driving Assist: The car is equipped with Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control, which uses navigation data to anticipate upcoming road curves, adjusting speed accordingly. Optionally, you can opt for Highway Driving Assist, which maintains a safe speed and following distance based on posted speed limits, enhancing highway driving comfort and safety.
- Safe Exit Assist: Standard Safe Exit Assist notifies both the driver and passengers of potential hazards approaching from behind before exiting the vehicle. It can even activate child locks, ensuring a safer environment, especially for children, during entry and exit.
These advanced safety features aim to improve driver awareness, prevent accidents, and provide a secure driving experience for all occupants of the 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid.
2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid Driving Experience
Smooth and Powerful: This car has a strong engine and an electric motor that work together to give you 261 horsepower. It means you can accelerate easily and merge onto highways without a fuss.
Quiet Ride: When you drive in electric mode (for short trips), the car is super quiet. Even when using both the engine and the electric motor, the cabin stays quiet, so you can enjoy a peaceful ride.
Short Trips Without Gas: You can drive up to 32 miles on electricity alone, which is great for running errands or commuting. It saves money on gas and helps the environment.
Stable and Easy to Handle: The car has All-Wheel Drive (AWD), which means it’s good at staying steady on different road conditions, like wet or slippery roads. The ride is comfortable, and it handles well.
Safety First: It comes with smart safety features like the Blind-Spot View Monitor and Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist. These features help you stay safe on the road by preventing accidents.
Tech Inside: Inside, you’ll find a user-friendly infotainment system with a big touchscreen. It has navigation, connects to your phone, and has a great sound system for your entertainment.
Eco-Friendly Option: If you care about the environment, this car lets you drive without producing as much pollution. You can use electricity for short trips and switch to the gasoline engine for longer drives.
In a nutshell, the 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid offers a comfortable and eco-friendly driving experience with good power, quiet rides, and smart safety features. It’s a great choice for everyday driving and adventures.
You May Like: Top 10 Small Electric Cars For Seniors
To sum it up, the 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid is a great choice for driving. It’s powerful enough for all your needs, and it can be super quiet when you use electricity. Plus, you can go short distances without using any gas, which is good for your wallet and the planet.
It’s safe too, with features like the Blind-Spot View Monitor that helps you avoid accidents. Inside, the car has a cool touchscreen system that connects to your phone and keeps you entertained.
If you care about the environment, this car lets you drive without making a lot of pollution. You can use electricity for quick trips and switch to the gas engine for longer drives.
In a nutshell, the 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid is a smart and eco-friendly choice that makes driving easy and enjoyable.