As we step into the world of cars in 2023, one vehicle that’s caught our attention is the 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. It’s not your usual SUV. It’s a special kind that’s kinder to the environment, and we’re here to tell you all about it.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. We’ll break down what it’s like, how it performs, what cool features it has, and why it matters in a world where saving fuel and being eco-friendly are big deals. So, buckle up as we explore what makes this hybrid SUV stand out in 2023.
2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Exterior
The 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is all about making a big impression with its outside looks:
Imagine a special edition with cool bronze details like wheels and stitching inside. It’s like dressing up your car to stand out in a classy way. The Highlander Hybrid doesn’t look like just any car. It’s got a bold design with smooth lines that make it look powerful and sleek. And there’s a new color called Cypress that really makes it pop.
Parking in tight spaces can be tricky, but this car’s side mirrors can fold in automatically to help keep them safe. When your hands are full, you don’t need to struggle with the trunk. This car can open the back automatically when it senses you nearby.
Some versions of the Highlander Hybrid have really cool 20-inch wheels. They make the car look even fancier without sacrificing how it drives. The front lights are bright and clear, making it easier to see at night. They even adjust to keep the light where it’s needed most, which is pretty smart.
2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Interior
Inside the 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, comfort and convenience are the stars of the show:
If you choose the Limited or Platinum versions, you’ll get a fancy 12.3-inch digital screen on your dashboard. It shows you directions, safety info, and more, all in one glance, so you can stay focused on driving.
You can enjoy the sky above with the available panoramic moonroof. It even has a power sunshade to keep the sun out when you want some shade. This car has a big interior, with space for up to eight people. Great for families and groups of friends.
The front seats can be heated or cooled, and there are heated seats in the second row too. So, you’ll always be comfy no matter the weather.
There’s a special plug that lets you power up things like projectors and gadgets while you’re on the go or having a night out.
No more tangled wires. You can charge your smartphone by simply putting it on a shelf below the touchscreen. Easy and tidy!
2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Pros and Cons
- Saves Money on Gas: It’s really good at saving gas, so you spend less on fuel.
- Good for the Environment: Because it uses less fuel, it’s better for the planet with fewer emissions.
- Smooth and Quiet Ride: It’s a comfy and quiet ride, making your trips more pleasant.
- Lots of Space: You can fit up to eight people inside, great for families and groups.
- Cool Features: It has cool stuff like a fancy dashboard, a big sunroof, and wireless phone charging.
- Safety: It’s built with safety in mind, so you feel safe when you drive.
- Pricey at First: It can cost more to buy upfront compared to some other cars.
- Not for Heavy Towing: If you need to tow heavy stuff, it’s not the best choice.
- Less Cargo Space: You might have a bit less space for your stuff because of the hybrid system.
- Maintenance Costs: Fixing hybrid parts can be costly if they break.
- Not Super Fast: It’s not a speed demon, so don’t expect super-fast acceleration.
- Availability Varies: Depending on where you live, it might be hard to find one at a dealership.
2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Specs
Engine and Performance:
- Engine: 2.5-liter 4-cylinder hybrid engine
- Total Horsepower: Around 243 horsepower
- Transmission: Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- All-Wheel Drive: Available on most trims
- MPG (Miles Per Gallon): Around 36 MPG in the city and 35 MPG on the highway
- Fuel Tank Capacity: Approximately 17.1 gallons
Interior and Seating:
- Seating Capacity: Up to eight people
- Infotainment: Touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- Wireless Charging: Available Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging
- Standard Safety: Toyota Safety Sense 2.5 suite with adaptive cruise control, lane departure alert, and more
- Available Upgrades: Blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, and front and rear parking sensors
- Wheels: Available 20-inch alloy wheels on Limited and Platinum trims
- Panoramic Moonroof: Available with front power tilt/slide moonroof
- Exterior Colors: Various color options, including the new Cypress color
- Length: Approximately 194.9 inches
- Width: Approximately 75.8 inches
- Height: Varies by trim but around 68.1 inches
- Cargo Space: Around 16 cubic feet behind the third row, expandable to over 84 cubic feet with rear seats folded
- Towing: Can tow light trailers, but specific capacity varies by trim
These simplified specifications should give you a good overview of what to expect from the 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid in terms of its engine, fuel efficiency, interior features, safety, exterior details, dimensions, and towing capabilities.
2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Performance
The 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is designed to deliver a balanced and efficient performance.
You have a choice between Front-Wheel Drive (FWD) or All-Wheel Drive (AWD). AWD provides extra traction on various road conditions, while FWD is more efficient for city driving.
It sips fuel with an impressive EPA-estimated 36 combined miles per gallon (MPG)*. That means fewer stops at the gas pump, saving you money in the long run.
The Highlander Hybrid uses an Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT). It’s a transmission that makes for smooth and seamless acceleration.
You can choose from several driving modes to match your preferences and driving conditions. These include Sport, Eco, Normal, EV*, and Trail modes. Whether you want to prioritize fuel efficiency or performance, there’s a mode for you.
The vehicle boasts an available 12.3-inch multimedia touchscreen, which makes controlling your entertainment, navigation, and vehicle settings easy and intuitive.
For added comfort, the Highlander Hybrid offers available heated and ventilated front seats. So, no matter the weather outside, you can stay cozy or cool inside.
The 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid focuses on delivering an efficient and smooth driving experience while offering advanced technology and comfort features to enhance your time on the road.
2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Pricing and Availability
The 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid starts at an affordable price:
Starting MSRP: $40,620
Availability may vary depending on your location and the specific trim and options you choose. It’s a good idea to check with your local Toyota dealership for the most accurate pricing and availability information in your area. Toyota dealerships typically have a range of Highlander Hybrid models and can provide details on different configurations to suit your preferences and budget.
2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Safety Features
The 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is equipped with a range of safety features to keep you and your passengers secure on the road:
Blind Spot Monitor With Rear Cross-Traffic Alert:
- The available Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) is like an extra set of eyes, warning you when a vehicle is approaching your blind spot on either side.
- When you put the Highlander Hybrid in reverse, the available Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) kicks in. It can detect vehicles coming from either side and will warn you with side mirror indicators and a warning tone to help you avoid collisions.
Front and Rear Parking Assist With Automatic Braking:
- The available Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking (PA w/AB) provides both audible and visual warnings when you’re parking.
- In certain situations, it can even automatically apply the brakes if there’s a chance of hitting a stationary object or another vehicle, adding an extra layer of safety when parking.
No Cost Maintenance Plan and Roadside Assistance:
- ToyotaCare is included with every new Highlander Hybrid. It covers normal factory scheduled service for the first 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- You also get 24-hour Roadside Assistance for 2 years with unlimited mileage. So, you’re covered in case of any unexpected roadside issues.
These safety features are designed to give you peace of mind while driving the 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, whether you’re on the highway, maneuvering in parking lots, or facing unexpected situations on the road.
2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Driving Experience
The 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid gives you a comfortable and efficient ride. It’s really good on fuel, so you don’t have to stop for gas often. When you need a little extra speed, there’s a “Sport” mode that makes it go faster when you need it, like getting onto highways or passing slow cars.
You can pick different driving modes like “Eco” to save fuel or “Normal” for everyday driving. There’s even an “EV Mode” for quiet, electric-only driving at low speeds. If you choose the version with All-Wheel Drive (AWD), it’s better at handling tricky road conditions.
The Highlander Hybrid is built on a special platform that makes it handle smoothly, and it’s really quiet inside, which makes for a relaxing drive. They’ve also added safety features like Blind Spot Monitor and Parking Assist to help keep you safe while driving.
Inside, you’ll find comfy seats, and if you want, you can get seats that heat up or cool down to keep you comfortable no matter the weather.
In short, the 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is great for efficient and comfortable driving. Whether you’re going to work or on a road trip, it’s designed to make your journey enjoyable.
The 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is a great pick if you want a car that’s efficient, comfortable, and eco-friendly. It’s really good on gas, so you don’t have to worry about frequent trips to the gas station. Plus, it has different driving modes, so you can choose how you want to drive, whether it’s for saving fuel or getting a little extra speed.
If you’re concerned about safety, it has features like Blind Spot Monitor and Parking Assist to help keep you safe on the road. Inside, the seats are comfy, and if you want, you can get seats that warm up or cool down.
Overall, the Highlander Hybrid is a well-rounded choice, whether you’re using it for your daily commute or for family trips. It’s a smart and comfortable option that also helps you do your bit for the environment.